Blue Door is an award-winning public relations, digital marketing and design agency. Based in Toronto, we are focused on generating success for our clients by crafting targeted public relations and digital campaigns that yield tangible results for our clients. We represent clients across several industries including hospitality, technology, healthcare, travel and fashion who entrust us with their brands and marketing portfolios. Beyond our public relations and digital service offerings, we retain some of the city’s top graphic designers delivering the full suite of creative production from project-based design to overarching brand development. We are a family of results-oriented strategic thinkers and we have earned ourselves a reputation as one of the most sought-after marketing agencies in Toronto.
We are one of the fastest growing agencies in Toronto - come see why.
Our Value Proposition
We pride ourselves on being one of the only Toronto-based agencies offering a one-stop-shop for our clients providing a solution to all marketing challenges under one roof. PR. Digital. Design.
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some exceptional brands in Canada
- A full-service agency offering public relations, digital marketing and design
- Representing clients in all sectors including hospitality, fashion, technology, health, cannabis and beauty.
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- Central downtown office location
- Regular social gatherings centred on building culture/relationships within our agency
- Extended health, vision and dental plan for all team members at all levels
- New Business Development Bonuses (6%)
- Annual performance bonus (up to 10% of salary)
- 3 weeks paid vacation + December 24-January 2 off each year.
- Half days on all long weekends
- Sick days and personal days (6)
- Cell phone reimbursement
- 8-10 years of agency experience
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
Work From Home Policy
Effective September 1st, all team members are required to be in the office 2 days per week. Effective January 2022, this may increase pending Health Canada guidelines. Please note that during training, we will need the candidate in the office for in-person training and onboarding.
Blue Door is looking for a Director of Public Relations to join the growing team. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will be responsible for leading a team of (1) Account Director (1) Client Lead and (1) Communications Coordinator. The ideal candidate has experience working in an agency landscape that is fast-paced and client-oriented. The successful candidate will have clear and definitive leadership skills and have 8-10 years of communications experience. The Director of Public Relations will be client-facing and be responsible for major files and campaigns leading overall strategy and overseeing all execution for precision and quality assurance. The ideal candidate has experience working in corporate communications developing media strategies that are ROI-driven and spans media relations, influencer marketing, issues management and strategic partnerships.
An ideal candidate will have experience working with digital counterparts and understands the interplay between digital marketing and public relations. The Director of Public Relations will strategize with the Director of Digital Marketing on how campaigns work together for the benefit of a campaign directive and objectives. This person is high-energy, sophisticated and delivers communications with authority and confidence. They excel in relationships and are comfortable leading new business initiatives.
- Effectively lead the Public Relations Team with a strategy-first mindset
- Lead, motivate, and retain by coaching, developing and motivating a high performing employee that is capable of delivering results
- Work in partnership with the account lead and clients to onboard new projects, clarify their scopes and identify appropriate resources that match the right skills to the task at hand
- Work with project teams to understand and manage expectations of both internal and external clients at the project level. Communicate potential variances upstream through senior team in timely fashion.
- Work with the internal team to prioritize and reconcile competing demands (resourcing, budgeting, etc.) to meet Blue Door and client business needs.
- Develop project status reports and work backs. Run status report meetings with the team.
- Attend client kick off and status meetings and participate in scoping meetings. Communicate meeting objectives to project team members, ensuring efficient scheduling and appropriate agenda and recap documentation standards are met.
- Work as a strong "team player" and serve as role model to more junior team members.
- Evaluate performance of Account Directors and Client Leads
Campaign & File Leadership
- Manage and oversee all aspects of PR files including strategy development, media relations, paid placements, influencer marketing, event marketing and issues management
- Provide solid recommendations on timelines and budgets for campaigns and client files.
- Ensure projects are tracking on time, within scope and on budget.
- Develop and manage systems to track, measure and analyze campaign successes and provide quantitative and qualitative updates on progress
- Manage client relationships, lead calls, provide strategic counsel
- Identify areas of potential risk as well as identify and implement risk mitigation strategies on all assigned projects.
- Identify and establish project management best practices on your accounts, and drive collaboration across specialty teams (PR, Digital and Design)
- Proactively suggest new ways to streamline processes.
- Serve as primary escalation point for project issues that may impact the client. Work with the internal team to identify options for resolution and communicate those options upstream.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving and conceptual thinking on client programs and projects.
- Be proactive about account needs and identifying necessary areas of improvement
- Provide issues management counsel to client and support through messaging and materials development
- Develop and execute on out-of-the-box PR/communications concepts and strategies
- Maintain regular client communication and ensure consistent results on a monthly basis
- Design and track appropriate metrics to track success
- Contribute to the execution of client programs as part of a team, ensuring success
- Write communication materials (e.g. pitches, news releases, media advisories, etc.)
- Actively seek out and participate in new business opportunities
- Presentation skills – able to run meetings and present concepts effectively (Critical)
- Experience working with clients on PR campaigns/strategies
- Established media relationships/ knowledge of ever-changing media landscape
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Work hard-play-hard personality that values humility, ingenuity, humour and integrity
- Desire to grow within a company – looking for long term employment potential
- 8-10 years of related experience in project management in an integrated environment; ideally from a digital, PR, marketing or advertising agency.
- Experience in client service and day-to-day client contact. A demonstrated ability to address client concerns thoughtfully and effectively.
- Ability to manage project budgets, and experience adapting to budgeting software.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful projects.
- Experience with effectively delegating and/or executing many tactical assignments and accurately judging and reviewing the work of junior staff.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving