Blue Door is hiring a Public Relations Coordinator to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for communications, an eye for detail, possess strong writing skills, and enjoy working in a team environment. The position of Public Relations Coordinator will work to support the Media Relations Coordinator and report to the Public Relations Manager.
Deadline to Submit: November 30, 2019
Candidate Selected: December 9, 2019
Start Date: January 6, 2020
Public Relations Coordinator Responsibilities
Media Relations (40%)
- Management of media contacts, including sourcing new media contacts, as well as updating and organizing the internal media list
- Editing duties including review of documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation and flow.
- Pitching media on behalf of clients with unique, timely and creative story ideas on a local, national and international scale
- Daily media monitoring and reports of media hits to designated client leads.
- Update and maintain internal client coverage tracker
- Staying on top of trends, new media outlets and general areas of interest for clients
- Assistance with events collateral and decor, including sourcing and pricing event items, scheduling delivery and pickup and general communications with vendors
- Maintenance of preferred vendor list.
- Weekly research and reporting of new and exciting events happening in the city
- Management of on-going restaurant open and closing list for clients and internal use.
- Assisting the Public Relations Manager with the planning of corporate culture activities, such as holiday parties, Secret Santa, etc.
- Help with product delivery for events, sponsorships, and gifts to media, influencers and industry.
- Supporting team members during events with set-up, tear down and check-in.
- Creation of event plans
- Calendar invites and organization of meetings
- Quoting, ordering and picking up printing
- Daily tasks to help set up meetings with coffee, water etc
- Meeting recap notes for both internal team meetings and client meetings
- Management of office gifting for clients, staff, media etc.
- Management of doc hub contracts and filings