Public Relations, Account Executive | Full-Time, Salary
Seeking a creative and enthusiastic Account Executive to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing media relations and influencer marketing strategies for some of Canada’s biggest brands. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in a PR agency environment and an eagerness to learn and grow.
Why Work Here?
Blue Door is an award-winning public relations, digital marketing, and graphic design agency. Based in Toronto, we are the Agency of Record for Ripley’s Aquarium, Longo’s, and Bike Share Toronto. We are a family of results-oriented strategic thinkers, and have earned ourselves a reputation as one of the fastest-growing agencies in Toronto.
Capabilities Deck: HERE
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact on some exceptional brands in Canada
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth, and collaboration
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory
- Extended health, vision, and dental plan for all team members at all levels
- New Business Development Bonuses
- Annual performance bonus
- Three weeks paid vacation + December 24-January 2 off each year
- Half days on all long weekends
- Monthly team socials
Blue Door offers competitive pay and benefits in an award-winning workplace. The annual salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000. *commensurate with experience
Blue Door works from our beautiful office at 183 Bathurst Street in Toronto every Tuesday and Thursday. We believe the best work is done as a team, working collaboratively and brainstorming while building relationships. It is one of the reasons we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the city.
- Support leadership teams in managing fast-paced, deadline-driven workload for a portfolio of clients
- Assist with executing public relations strategies to meet clients' goals and objectives
- Contribute to the execution of client programs as part of a team, ensuring success
- Monitor, track and report media coverage for multiple clients
- Write communication materials (e.g. pitches, news releases, media advisories, etc.)
- Implement day-to-day tactical activations including media relations campaigns, planning physical or virtual special events and launches, engaging influencers/content creators for paid content
- Assist in developing and executing digital/social media programs and content strategies
- Accountable for daily project management and client deliverables, and managing critical paths and account activity updates
- Research and develop media lists for each campaign, with ongoing updates to master lists
- Support with influencer marketing campaigns, including research, developing influencer lists, correspondence, and overall management of deliverables.
- Actively build and foster relationships with relevant media, event organizers and influencers
- Monitor and measure the success of campaign initiatives and create client reports
- Stay on top of PR, social and digital media market trends, to keep our clients in the know and identify potential opportunities
- Post-graduate diploma, degree or certificate in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
- Exceptional communications skills
- Experience working with clients on PR campaigns/strategies
- Experience in Media Relations, including media list development, monitoring, and pitching, with knowledge of the ever-changing media landscape
- Experience in influencer marketing
- Knowledge of the paid media landscape
- Smart, strategic thinking and unbeatable work ethic
- Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround
- Excellent writing skills – ability to weave current events, trends, and data into insightful content
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills - ability to manage priorities and balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Experience with social media platforms such as Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. is an asset
- Dynamic, team player with the ability to work in a collaborative, creative, and entrepreneurial agency environment
- Desire to grow within a company – looking for long-term employment potential
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected, we will coordinate an initial interview. Position is Immediate.