Blue Door is an award-winning public relations, digital marketing and design agency. Based in Toronto, we are focused on generating success for our clients by crafting targeted public relations and digital campaigns that yield tangible results for our clients. We represent clients across several industries including hospitality, technology, healthcare, travel and fashion who entrust us with their brands and marketing portfolios. Beyond our public relations and digital service offerings, we retain some of the city’s top graphic designers delivering the full suite of creative production from project-based design to overarching brand development. We are a family of results-oriented strategic thinkers and we have earned ourselves a reputation as one of the most sought-after marketing agencies in Toronto.
We are one of the fastest growing agencies in Toronto - come see why.
Our Value Proposition
We pride ourselves on being one of the only Toronto-based agencies offering a one-stop-shop for our clients providing a solution to all marketing challenges under one roof. PR. Digital. Design.
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some exceptional brands in Canada
- A full-service agency offering public relations, digital marketing and design
- Representing clients in all sectors including hospitality, fashion, technology, health, cannabis and beauty.
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- Central downtown office location
- Regular social gatherings centered on building culture/relationships within our agency
- Extended health, vision and dental plan for all team members at all levels
- New Business Development Bonuses (6%)
- Annual performance bonus (up to 10% of salary)
- 3 weeks paid vacation + December 24-January 2 off each year.
- Half days on all long weekends
- Sick days and personal days (6)
- Cell phone reimbursement
- 4-5 years of agency experience
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
Work From Home Policy
Effective September 1st, all team members are required to be in the office 2 days per week. Effective January 2022, this may increase pending Health Canada guidelines. Please note that during training, we will need the candidate in the office for in-person training and onboarding.
Blue Door is looking for a Public Relations Manager to join the growing team. This individual will own and manage a portfolio of client files. The Public Relations Manager is responsible for end-to-end project management of campaigns and ongoing client work including influencer marketing, media buying, media relations, and strategic planning. The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for day to day communications with client contacts, strategy development, pitching ideas, execution of all campaign elements and monthly reporting on project success.
The ideal candidate has experience working in an agency landscape that is fast-paced and client-oriented. The successful candidate will be independent, fast-learner and enthusiastic. The ideal candidate has experience developing communications strategies that are ROI-driven and spans media relations, influencer marketing and strategic partnerships.
An ideal candidate will have experience working with digital counterparts and understands the interplay between digital marketing and public relations. This person is high-energy and delivers communications with authority and confidence. They excel in relationships and are comfortable leading current client calls or new business pitches.
The candidate’s prior employer would say that this individual is a go-getter, creative, nimble, and has a track record of managing successful campaigns. Clients would describe this individual as highly engaged, responsive, energetic, authoritative, and wonderful to work with.
Client File Leadership
- Manage client relationships, lead conference calls, provide strategic counsel
- Manage and oversee all aspects of a client file including strategy development, media relations, paid placements and influencer marketing
- Consistently build relationships with media and influencers for the benefit of our client’s and their products/campaigns
- Provide solid recommendations on timelines and budgets for campaigns and client files.
- Ensure projects are tracking on time, within scope and on budget.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving and conceptual thinking on client programs and projects.
- Be proactive about account needs and identifying necessary areas of improvement
- Develop and execute on out-of-the-box PR/communications concepts and strategies
- Maintain regular client communication and ensure consistent results on a monthly basis
- Design and track appropriate metrics to track success
- Write communication materials (e.g. pitches, news releases, media advisories, etc.)
- Draft influencer briefs, manage logistics including sourcing, budgeting and shipping
- Develop media angles and pitch media outlets/reporters to gain client coverage
- Understand and articulate campaign ideas and rationale for where dollars should be spent
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent Presentation skills – able to run meetings and present concepts effectively
- Experience working with clients on PR campaigns/strategies
- Established media relationships/ knowledge of everchanging media landscape
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Work hard-play-hard personality that values humility, ingenuity, humor and integrity
- Desire to grow within a company – looking for long term employment potential
- Experience in client service and day-to-day client contact. A demonstrated ability to address client concerns thoughtfully and effectively.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful projects.